Wednesday 3 September 2014

Surprise Gifts

Our Eid visits have just been wrapped up I believe. Alhamdhulilah. With AZ's exams throughout the month of Ramadan and into Eid as well, we have postponed some of our visits though. We opened our doors and warmly welcomed our guests nevertheless, and had good food and company that came with Allah's barakah through them.

Just last weekend, AZ and I accepted an invitation to visit a newly-found friend's family - Sister N, whom I have mentioned here. She came by weeks earlier, and we spent a good number of hours right after Azhar into Maghrib and Isyak. We had so much to share about, it didn't feel like she only just came into my life at all.

I had made vegetable briyani, my 'turn-to' brinjal pachadi and fish masala that day.  In all, it was a beautiful day. Sister N and I have been colleagues  who work for different media companies. We meet often at events that we happened to be assigned to cover at the same time. But our friendship just bloomed very recently. I am so thankful it did. Alhamdhulilah.

After our meeting at home, Sister N then insisted we visited her family too. AZ and I could't say no, of course.

Sister N's family is really sweet, especially her Mum. Both of us ended talking to each other more than Sister N and I. I have always been intrigued by her whenever Sister N shared about her, and it was for this one fact - that she is a convert who is trying her best to learn new knowledge on our Deen every moment. SubhanAllah.

So, you can imagine we didn't realise how fast time flew when she started sharing on her conversion, etc.

Together with our hearts, our stomachs were happy too with Auntie's lovely cooking. I came home with some nice recipes from her too.

Above all, what really moved me was Auntie's gift to me. A sejadah (prayer mat) and a pearl-beaded tasbih from her Hajj pilgrimage three years ago. She said she was waiting for the right moment to give it to someone, and Masha-Allah, she chose me.

I was so happy and really moved I must say... Whenever there are matters related to the blessed land, I am always lost on how to describe what I feel these days.




We came home in time for Maghrib. AZ and I took turns to pray on the sejadah. I have kept the beautiful maroon and clear-toned pearl-beaded tasbih in a relative's wedding souvenir holder, next to the table where we pray. I hope to make good use of it, In-Shaa-Allah.

4 comments:

  1. Salam alaikum. I am glad that you had a great time:)just found your blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Walaikum Salaam, Sis. Thank you for the note. Nice work on your blog too! Alhamdhulilah. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mash'Allah lovely gifts, love the tasbih and the holder.

    ReplyDelete