Sunday 3 August 2014

Ramadan Journal - Quran Workshop

My Sundays in Ramadan this year have been so blessed, Alhmadhulilah. 
I thank Allah (S.W.T) for the opportunity to strengthen my iman (faith) through a two-hour Quran intensive workshop, followed by Iqra mentorship for another hour-and-a-half.
Ustazah Su'aidah Salim always shared more than the course materials - on stories of our Sahabas, islamic history, of Hereafter, and so much more. I always wished the lessons never ended, for the sake of Allah.

Will share more on her sharing as I sit down to review her notes on Tafsir very soon, In-Shaa-Allah.

While the Quran workshop is over, our Iqra classes will resume with six other sisters - all of whom have become good friends - in September. Looking forward, In-Shaa-Allah.

A shot I took on the fourth class of the Quran workshop session. Our Iqra class is cosier - just seven of us and Ustazah.
As I am writing this, I am suddenly overwhelmed by so much sadness... that my Sundays in the past five weeks have been about preparing for Iftar. We were still in Ramadan a week ago, and at this hour (it will be Maghrib in a few minutes...), AZ and I, and everyone at home were talking about how fast Ramadan was going to come to an end in a few minutes.

AZ constantly reminded me to lay the Iftar table quickly and sit down and make duas... before the precious month slipped away. I pray that Allah (S.W.T) gives us all the opportunity to experience another Ramadan with HIS mercy and blessings. Ameen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment