Saturday 13 September 2014

The Other Therapy...

It's been a while since I found time for a book. Picked these two books up from the library just last weekend. I didn't want to be over-ambitious; AZ reminded me too, bearing in mind the fact that I can end up with four to six books at one visit and end up finishing only one by the time it's due date for returning them.

Alhamdhulilah, almost finishing the "Bookseller of Kabul" - a book the way I expected it to be. In-Shaa-Allah, Hoping to start on the second book soon - a non-fiction novel about post-war trials on home ground.

2 comments:

  1. Assalam-alaikam,
    Sounds familiar. I usually pick up every book in sight that looks interesting and then barely manage to read one by the time they are due back at the library.
    I enjoyed the Bookseller of Kabul, haven't heard of Rice Bowl, how are you finding it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Walaikum Salaam, Sis. Great to hear from you, and great to hear you are back on your feet after delivery. Alhamdhulilah. Just started on the 'Rice Bowl' today, promises to be a novel about Singapore's social systems, bringing with it the experiences of union works, strikes and with these, a young teacher's life story embedded. I think I will enjoy the book. :)

    ReplyDelete