Sunday 13 April 2014

The Power Of Duas... Only HE Gives... So, Only Ask HIM...

Source: Internet
"What is destined will reach you, even if it be underneath two mountains. What is not destined, will not reach you, even if it be between your two lips!" — An Arabic proverb
When we were much younger, elder folks in our family used to tell us exactly the above. That Allah (S.W.T) has already written our destiny for us and that everything that unfolds in our lives is according to that which has already been written.

In many moments, I used to wonder really hard on why we then make duas. To me, duas are conversations with Our Creator to ask of all things that our heart hopes for - for changes, for forgiveness, for everything that we need.

I believe every single soul's relationship with our Rabb is unique. Special. And very, very personal. On this note, I am constantly reminding myself that I cannot judge, cannot deduce on even make assumptions on another person's journey with, and towards Allah (S.W.T).

Duas, through our prayers, are the ways we talk to our Rabb, and ask him, for everything, just everything.

My thoughts and responses to my questions on destiny and duas, to a large extent, are so succinctly reflected in an article here. Aptly, it is extracted from the book, Dua: The Weapon of the Believer. Indeed, dues are are our shields, and the elements that bring us closer to our Rabb, aren't they? I feel so much so.

It is just so comforting to know (and I believe and have felt this deep down in my heart, Alhamdhulilah) that Allah (S.W.T) listens to our pleas, shows mercy on our tears and blesses us with his answers and rahmath. And only Allah (S.W.T) knows best.

Because HE listens and wants us to ask HIM, our Rabb has showed us the times when our duas will be accepted.

- Dua while in sajdah (prostrating)

I used to wait until I finished my complete prayer and then make duas. AZ noticed this and told me that it is also better to make dua while in sajdah, when we are closer to Allah (S.W.T). Often, I begin a prayer with so much to ask him for and lose track of them by the time I complete my prayer and start asking for duas. Asking him right from the first sajdah has helped, Alhamdhulilah.

Abu Hurayrah narrated that the Prophet [May Peace and Blessings be upon him] said: "The closest any worshipper can be to his Lord is while is is in prostration, so increase your duas in it". [Muslim, Abu Dawud, al-Nasa'i and others, from Abu Hurayrah, as mentioned in Sahih al-Jami #1175]

- Dua before the end of prayer

Ibn Mas'ud narrates: I was once praying, and the Prophet [May Peace and Blessings be upon him], Abu Bakr, and Umar (were all present). When I sat down (in the final tashahhud), I praised Allah, then sent salams on the Prophet [May Peace and Blessings be upon him], then started praying for myself. At this, the Prophet [May Peace and Blessings be upon him] said: "Ask, and you shall be given it! Ask, and you shall be given it!" [al-Tirmidhi #593]

- Dua in the last third of the night

The night is mentioned on many instances in the Qur'an and hadith as being a blessed time, especially the last third of the night, where Allah descends to the lowest heavens and responds to duas. SubhanAllah.

Abu Hurayrah narrated that the Prophet [May Peace and Blessings of Allah be upon him] said: "Our Lord descends every night, during the last third of it, to the skies of this world, and asks: 'Who is making dua to Me, so that I can respond to him? Who is asking Me, so that I can give him? Who is asking for My forgiveness, so that I can forgive him?" [al-Bukhari and Muslim from Abu Hurayrah, Sahih al-Jami #8021]

- Dua when the Adhan is called

The Prophet [May Peace and Blessings be upon him] said: "Two (duas) are never rejected: the dua during the call for prayer, and the dua during the calamity, when the two armies attack each other". [Abu Dawud #2540, Ibn Majah, and al-Hakim, from Sahl ibn Sa'd, and authenticated by al-Albani in Sahih al-Jami #3079]

-  Dua before drinking Zam Zam water

The Prophet [May Peace and Blessings be upon him] said: "The water of Zam Zam is for whatever it is has been drunk for." [Ahmad 3/357, Ibn Majah #3062, Sahih al-Jami #5502]

- Dua during Ramadan

The most blessed month for us, don't we all have many duas that we ask HIM in this month?

- Dua when rain falls

It is always so tranquil when it rains and it is even more tranquil to know that our heartfelt dues will be answered at this time, at the time when Allah's mercy transcends.

There are more times that are made known to us as best times to make duas from herePlease make duas for my family and me if you find them useful, In-Shaa-Allah.

No comments:

Post a Comment